GTI is seeking an experienced Materials Manager that will be responsible for supporting supply chain activities at the cultivation center inclusive of; processing, production scheduling & planning, inventory management, material resource management, procurement, supply chain performance and logistics. As the Materials Manager you'll coordinate with on the ground leadership to direct all the daily processes and long-term targets of our incoming materials & finished goods inventory, as well as product distribution. You'll grind away at the details of managing internal resources to maximize safety, efficiency, productivity, and culture. You'll also blaze the path toward creating and developing the multilevel professional team in NJ, and you'll work closely as part of the leadership team to keep every detail of the facility up to snuff. You will be the one to ensure word class warehouse standards are maintained, complete and accurate orders are processed and delivered, and inventoryintegrity is maintained. The operational duties are mostly tactical/hands-on and direct in nature and require substantial time to be spent on the plant floor working closely and directly with all employees.
- Execution of the operational strategy and tactical plan for the handling of raw packaging, grow materials, and finished goods. Facilitate end-to-end process to minimize traceability gaps.
- Manager of logistics and inventory controls picking/packing, dry storage working closely with departmental leaders ensuring wholesale objectives are accomplished on time and budget.
- Monitor and communicate inventory accuracy between wholesale departments including, supply chain, wholesale sales team.
- Partner with facility General Manager and other members of leadership team on budgeting; Analysis of facility data,including efficiency metrics, labor variance analysis, defect rates, cost drivers, volume, and capacity planning, etc. to make recommendations on optimal quality and efficiency improvements and capital expenditures
- Develop and produce reporting to clearly illustrate the trends of the business.
- Manage and maintain a company culture consistent with the culture established at GTI corporate of accountability, transparency, and enjoyment
- Participate in developing and implementing rules, regulations, policies, and procedures to advance GTI's mission, vision, goals, and objectives
- Continuously improvethe skills, knowledge, and morale of all employees; create an environment where the entire team does the same.
- Ensurecompliance with local, state, and federal billing or licensing requirements
- Resource planning and career satisfaction for team members.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree is a plus, or 7 + years of management experience in manufacturing environment required.
- Direct management experience in a warehouse, inventory management, and direct distribution system suggested.
- Consumer Packaged Good and high-volume Fleet delivery experience preferred.
- Can-do attitude and ability to adapt quickly; business is experiencing tremendous growth so previous operational experience in growth environment is substantially preferred.
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills (verbal, non-verbal, written), with the ability to build relationships at all levels, both internally and externally.
- Possesses a high level of critical thinking
- Operates with a high level of professionalism and integrity, including dealing with confidential information in a highly regulated industry.
- Must understand and comply with the rules, regulations, policies, and procedures of GTI
- Must have a solid understanding of the Medical Marijuana laws, rules and regulations set forth by the state; a pursuit to further their understanding and knowledge of the industry and the laws
- Must pass any all required background checks
- Must be and remain compliant with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry.
- A self-starter who brings the utmost level of integrity to the company
- Must possess a valid driver's license.
- Must be a minimum of 21 years of age.