Systems Analyst, PeopleSoft Payroll (Remote)
HMH Hospitals Corporation
Full Time with Benefits
|Standard Hours Per Week
8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Weekends as Needed
|On Call Work
No On-Call Required
Our team members are the heart of what makes us better. At Hackensack Meridian Health we help our patients live better, healthier lives - and we help one another to succeed. With a culture rooted in connection and collaboration, our employees are team members. Here, competitive benefits are just the beginning. It's also about how we support one another and how we show up for our community.
Together, we keep getting better - advancing our mission to transform healthcare and serve as a leader of positive change.
The Payroll Systems Analyst is responsible for development, implementation, and maintenance of payroll systems activities associated with employee information, retrieval capabilities, and reports. Will work with human resources, medical center personnel, vendors, and/or internal information systems staff to design new or modify existing payroll information systems to meet changing requirements.
This is a fully remote position, with hours focused on east coast business hours, 8:30 am - 5:00 pm Eastern Time.
A day in the life of a Payroll Systems Analyst at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
Assists in the development of user/business requirements, translating the needs to system technical requirements and setting up project work teams.
- Troubleshoots all payroll technical issues independently, partnering with the PeopleSoft technical team as needed.
- Provides custom report development and may provide standard reports to clients.
- Acquires and retains in-depth knowledge of PeopleSoft Time and Labor rules, table structure and Time Admin processing to effectively manage and resolve rule inconsistencies and incorrect calculations.
- Ability to produce reports using PeopleSoft Query, SQL, XML Publisher and Connected Queries.
- Develop solutions to complex Payroll Systems/Technology situations or projects that require the regular use of ingenuity and creativity.
- Act as subject matter expert on PeopleSoft implementation projects, leading the process of documentation, design, change management, cost estimation, project management, testing, production support, and auditing.
- Maintain a strong leadership role in the direction of PeopleSoft initiatives.
- Participate in all aspects of PS implementations from project initiation through implementation.
- Participate in all system maintenance initiatives including upgrades and patches.
- Works actively to achieve system and change acceptance, not only within the HR Department, but throughout the Medical Center.
- Must be able to provide advice and counsel relative to best technology, educating users on the different benefits and capabilities of technologies.
- Maintains confidentiality of all payroll data by locking PC when stepping away from desk, being cognizant of surroundings when discussing confidential data, password protecting all files sent through email, not releasing any confidential data without the employee's written consent, verifying manager access before providing any salary information, and keeping all employee information and files restricted to the Payroll staff and approved leaders.
- Perform ad-hoc projects and other department tasks as assigned.
- Adheres to the standards identified in the Medical Center's Organizational Competencies.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related experience.
- Five or more years' experience with all aspects of PeopleSoft HRMS/Payroll configuration and functionality, including PeopleSoft Time and Labor and self-service applications.
- Ten or more years' experience including documentation, design, change management, cost estimation, project management, testing, production support and auditing.
- Ten or more years report writing experience.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Knowledge of technological/automation theories, principles, and best practices.
- Ability to multitask in a demanding environment, good organizational and communication skills managing complex multidisciplinary initiatives to improve processes.
- Requires ability to communicate with technical and non-technical users, management and non-management customers.
- Expert in SQL.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
- Must have a general, effective understanding of payroll wage and tax laws.
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
Need help finding the right job?
We can recommend jobs specifically for you!
Click here to get started.