Since its launch in 1993 with a collection of six essential handbags, Kate Spade New York has always been colorful, bold, and optimistic. Today, it is a global lifestyle brand that designs extraordinary things for the everyday, delivering seasonal collections of handbags, ready-to-wear, jewelry, footwear, home decor, and more. Known for its rich heritage and unique brand DNA, Kate Spade New York offers a distinctive point of view and celebrates communities of women around the globe who live their perfectly imperfect lifestyles.
Kate Spade New York is part of the Tapestry portfolio - a global house of brands committed to stretching what's possible.
General purpose of the position: A Muse is someone who asks our guests attention-grabbing questions, strikes up memorable conversation and who reaches out to our guests in the most delightful ways. A Muse takes our guests on a journey using the muse moves and our guest experience tools; transforming the traditional sales experience into a long-term relationship.
Essential duties and responsibilities
Give our guests the warmest welcome, always exuding confidence and proper etiquette.
Able to develop long-term relationships with our guests by asking the most interesting questions,
dancing the muse moves, suggesting outreach events ideas.
Demonstrate ability to work as part of a team atmosphere.
Able to receive and give feedback in an honest and genuine manner.
Celebrate fellow muse's successes.
Styling & Curating:
Know and be able to communicate the kate spade new york aesthetic.
Ability to story tell and use product knowledge to connect with our guests.
Lead and inspire with your own impeccable style, always bringing your best look to work.
Have the ability to spot and talk about products.
Continuously work to keep the stockroom and shop spotless.
Understand the product landscape across all merchandise categories.
Ability to multitask like a pro, from operational tasks or cleaning the shop floor to processing POS
transactions (a dull moment is hard to come by).
Share ideas and feedback with the team.
Skills and Abilities Required:
Professional selling skills and exceptional interpersonal skills
Prior luxury goods experience preferred
Proactive ability to multi-task and prioritize
Available to work store schedule, as needed, including evenings and weekends
Standing for extended periods of time
Able to safely lift boxes up to 40 pounds
Comfortable climbing ladders
Kate Spade New York is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer: Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
Our Competencies for All Employees
- Courage: Doesn't hold back anything that needs to be said; provides current, direct, complete, and "actionable" positive and corrective feedback to others; lets people know where they stand; faces up to people problems on any person or situation (not including direct reports) quickly and directly; is not afraid to take negative action when necessary.
- Creativity: Comes up with a lot of new and unique ideas; easily makes connections among previously unrelated notions; tends to be seen as original and value-added in brainstorming settings.
- Customer Focus: Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Dealing with Ambiguity: Can effectively cope with change; can shift gears comfortably; can decide and act without having the total picture; isn't upset when things are up in the air; doesn't have to finish things before moving on; can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty.
- Drive for Results: Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; very bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
- Interpersonal Savvy: Relates well to all kinds of people, up, down, and sideways, inside and outside the organization; builds appropriate rapport; builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact; can diffuse even high-tension situations comfortably.
- Learning on the Fly: Learns quickly when facing new problems; a relentless and versatile learner; open to change; analyzes both successes and failures for clues to improvement; experiments and will try anything to find solutions; enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks; quickly grasps the essence and the underlying structure of anything.
Our Competencies for All People Managers
- Strategic Agility: Sees ahead clearly; can anticipate future consequences and trends accurately; has broad knowledge and perspective; is future oriented; can articulately paint credible pictures and visions of possibilities and likelihoods; can create competitive and breakthrough strategies and plans.
- Developing Direct Reports and Others:Provides challenging and stretching tasks and assignments; holds frequent development discussions; is aware of each person's career goals; constructs compelling development plans and executes them; pushes people to accept developmental moves; will take on those who need help and further development; cooperates with the developmental system in the organization; is a people builder.
- Building Effective Teams: Blends people into teams when needed; creates strong moraleand spirit in theirteam; shares wins and successes; fosters open dialogue; lets people finish and be responsible for their work; defines success in terms of the whole team; creates a feeling of belonging in the team.
Kate Spade is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and we pride ourselves on hiring and developing the best people. All employment decisions (including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, transfer, training, discipline and termination) are based on the applicant's or employee's qualifications as they relate to the requirements of the position under the consideration. These decisions are made without regard to age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic characteristics, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship, disability, marital status, military status, pregnancy, or any other legally-recognized protected basis prohibited by applicable law. Visit Kate Spade at .
BASE PAY RANGE $15.00 TO $19.25