Job posting has expiredBack to search results
Product Repair Tech 2
| Canon U.S.A., Inc.|
United States, Virginia, Gloucester
|January 18, 2023|
Product Repair Tech 2
Canon Environmental Technologi
How would you like to accompany us on an insightful expedition at Canon Virginia Inc.? Start, and or change the direction of your career at our Regional Technical Headquarters. We are seeking a trainable, and motivated individual to fill our Product Repair Technician 2 position. Come experience a dynamic and progressive future with a leading global company, running 30 years strong.
In this role, you're a valued employee and will experience working in a collaborative environment that feels inviting. Canon's corporate philosophy is kyosei, which we translate to "all people, regardless of race, religion, or culture, harmoniously living and working together into the future." Canon's goal is to help give to the prosperity of the world and happiness of humanity, which will lead to continued growth and bring the world closer to achieving kyosei.
What you can expect:
You will have access to a wealth of training opportunities through our Workforce Development Center along with valuable on the job training. We'll help build the career that you want, as you drive and steer your own course to success!
- Mentorship opportunities
- Career Development
- Rewards and recognition
Benefits you will enjoy: Canon is committed to providing a work/life balance for our members!
- Medical, dental, prescription, vision, life, disability insurance, and a flexible spending account
- 401K retirement savings plan with company match and profit sharing
- Paid holidays and vacation time
- Tuition reimbursement
We take pride in our environmental dedication and are dedicated to giving back in the community! Through technology innovation and improved management efficiency, Canon seeks to realize a society that promotes both enriched lifestyles and the global environment.
- Performs mid-level cosmetic and functional checks and repairs on customer products.
- Receives and inspects incoming units to perform basic diagnostic tests and repairs. Reviews documentation from customer/documentation to verify or recreate problem with unit.
- Completes moderate level repairs of units including dust cleaning, cover change, board replacement, roller replacement, power supply checks, touch screen replacement and other malfunctioning parts.
- Performs necessary mechanical and software adjustments from service manual upon completion of repair utilizing appropriate computer programs.
- Conducts basic software / computer testing for units. Runs appropriate test prints for unit to verify repair has fixed unit and unit prints/scans properly.
- Runs fax / scan / print / copy / USB connection tests to verify entire unit is working properly before sending back to customer.
- Searches inventory and enters into Oracle parts used for replacement parts for unit.
- Inspects repaired product using repair service manual to ensure that repair is completed properly. Completes check sheet and enters into Oracle with any repairs made to the unit.
- Attends monthly meetings with CUSA to discuss common problems with units and what repairs are made to fix unit.
- High school diploma or GED and 1-3 years electrical assembly, repair, troubleshooting or manufacturing experience.
- Must be able to read and follow work standards and complete check sheets and forms.
- Requires a working knowledge of Oracle and Microsoft Office.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
PLEASE NOTE: We comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws, regulations, orders and mandates, including those we may be required to follow as a federal government contractor/subcontractor. We are required under federal law to invite you to voluntarily self-identify in various categories. Relevant forms will be included at several steps in the recruitment process.
About our Company - Canon Virginia, Inc. located in Newport News, Virginia is a global manufacturer for Canon's office and consumer products. Our innovative and efficient production methods along with our environmental commitment make us a leading global manufacturer. Since opening our doors in 1985, Canon Virginia has provided world class manufacturing services. It is the policy of Canon Virginia, Inc. (CVI) to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to race, creed, color, age, sex, religion, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, national origin, or physical/mental disability except where there is a bona fide occupational qualification. This policy relates to all phases of recruitment, employment, compensation, benefits administration and participation in company sponsored employee activities. This includes hiring, promotions, demotions, transfers, layoffs, recall, training and terminations. Employment practices will conform to all federal, state and local laws on non-discrimination. http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm
Need help finding the right job?
We can recommend jobs specifically for you!
Click here to get started.