ACS Professional Staffing is looking for an employee to work on-site with our client. The Accounting Clerk II position will provide financial guidance and analytical support within the Finance Department regarding system administration and development. This position is located in Richland, WA.
- Planning and analysis of complex financial issues, including fuel transactions, taxes, debt issuances/refinancing, and other special projects
- Cash and cost budgeting/monitoring for employee benefits, debt service, depreciation, overhead allocations, etc.
- Maintenance of project ledgers; and preparation of various monthly and annual financial reports, surveys, financial statements, and tax certifications.
- Provide specialized technical accounting support for the development, implementation, enhancement, and maintenance of financial systems and the databases which support the functions.
- Prepare monthly reports, monthly and annual financial statements, special financial reports, tax certifications, surveys, etc., by generally accepted accounting principles and all state and federal laws.
- Develop analysis that explains accounting trends and variances from budgets.
- Relate accounting knowledge to report design and discussion of required disclosures.
- Provide research and analysis for special financial issues, including refunds, tax issues, nuclear fuel transactions, workers' compensation, etc., inventory and property management, and assist in developing financial strategies.
- Maintain ledgers for all facilities by FERC and generally accepted accounting procedures, including preparing account reconciliations and journal entries.
- Assist in preparing financial policies and procedures for the Finance manual.
- Interface with internal managers/supervisors and external agencies
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or related field with emphasis in accounting.
- An associate's degree and 8 years of experience in accounting, auditing, and/or finance are required.
- Or High school diploma or equivalent and 12 years of experience.
- Progressively responsible experience with monthly and financial closing processes and related compliance and financial audit processes.
- CPA, and CMA certification desired.
- Knowledge of financial and accounting concepts, including generally accepted accounting principles and state and federal tax laws
- Demonstrate extensive personal computer skills.
- Communicate well orally and in writing, determining the most appropriate method.
- Work with all levels of individuals within the organization.
- Demonstrate analytical skills where multiple probable solutions can be brought to the team or management for decision-making.
- Recognizing and assessing a challenge and raising it to the appropriate level.
- Familiarity with ERP systems and nuclear accounting issues
- Knowledge of Passport and/or PeopleSoft
- Ability to maximize performance through leadership
- Familiarity with annual financial close processes and financial/compliance audit processes.
Work sponsorship is not available at this time. Third-party candidates will not be considered for this position.
ACS Professional Staffing will provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to the applicant's race, color, religion, sex, gender, genetic information, national origin, age, veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by federal or state law.The company will provide reasonable accommodations to allow an applicant to participate in the hiring process if so requested.
If you have any questions about the job posting, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any questions about our Reasonable Accommodation Policy, please feel free to email email@example.com