Job posting has expiredBack to search results
United States, North Carolina, Greensboro
4220 Beechwood Drive (Show on map)
|October 05, 2022|
4220 Beechwood Drive, Greensboro, North Carolina 27410
TruGreen is committed to providing personalized attention for our associates. We focus on developing our people by building proud, dynamic teams while helping associates reach their personal and professional goals. We continuously strive to make TruGreen an employer of choice and "a great place to work!"
Assists other operations personnel in vehicle repairs, small equipment repairs, filling trucks, and other warehouse responsibilities.
1. Responds to fleet breakdowns in the field.
2. Fills trucks as needed.
3. Observes mechanical devices in operation and diagnosis defects.
4. Maintains and repairs equipment, i.e. aerators, spreaders, tractors, and seeders.
Education and Experience Requirements
* High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or two to three years related experience in lawn/horticulture agronomic field and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Requires occasional local travel. Valid, permanent driver's license from state of residence and a clean driving record per company standards are required. Current liability auto insurance required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
* Written and verbal communication skills, including delivering presentations
* Ability to operate independently and collaboratively within a team
* Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instruction, and procedure manuals.
* Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
* Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, percentages, area, and volume.
* Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
* Ability to carry out a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Physical Demands & Working Conditions
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Regularly required to:
* Sit or stand
* Walk on uneven surfaces or climb stairs
* Use hands and arms to handle, feel or reach
* Speak and hear
* Use vision abilities for close, distance, color, peripheral, depth, and focus
* Lift up to 50 lbs independently
* Operate and repair equipment
Occasionally required to:
* Stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl
* Moderate to loud
* Subject to outdoor weather conditions which may include extreme cold, extreme heat, or wet conditions
* Subject to exposure to animals and insects
* Regularly exposed to chemicals using appropriate safety equipment
* Regularly work near mechanical or moving parts
* Regular and punctual attendance to ensure customer service, teamwork and maintain the quality standard
TruGreen is committed to Diversity and Inclusion. We encourage diverse candidates to apply to this position.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. To learn more, Click Here or to request an application accommodation, Click Here .
California Residents: for information on personal data we collect as part of the application process, Click Here .
TruGreen performs pre-employment testing.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by associates assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
By providing my cell phone number, I agree that TruGreen may call or text/SMS message me on that number using an automated telephone dialing system or prerecorded or artificial voice to discuss possible employment opportunities, my account, including current and possible future services, customer service and billing. I understand that providing my cell phone number is not required to inquire about or apply for employment or purchase services, and that I may revoke this permission at any time.