Operations --> Warehouse
Winston Salem, NC
Why Join our Team?
Vallen is an industry leader in delivering flexible supply chain solutions, while creating value for our customers, our supply partners, and our associates.
At Vallen, we embrace what makes us unique. We thrive on the diversity of our associates and the different ways each of us contributes to Vallen's success. We pride ourselves on being an inclusive company that values the growth of our associates. When you join Vallen, you become part of our winning team. Our vast network of connections is here to help you transform your job into a career.
Your Benefits at Vallen:
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Safety Shoe and Safety Glasses reimbursement
- Career advancement opportunities
- Employee Referral Program
- Employee Resource Groups for networking and team building
- Vitality Wellness Program
- 401K with company match
- Employee Discounts through our benefit hub
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Employee Assistance Program
- Work full-time on-site
- Issue product, goods, tools and/or equipment to site employees; document and maintain accurate records for issued and returned items.
- Accurately sort, label, move and store items in bins to optimize crib space.
- Unload, receive, and put away incoming product.
- Enter data into a database or other computerized system to maintain up-to-date stock records.
- Assist with inventory level maintenance; performs cycle counts and prepares report results.
- Investigate and locate lost or misplaced equipment or safety supplies.
- Perform other responsibilities as assigned.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- High School diploma
- 1+ years of experience
- Excellent customer service
- Strong attention to detail
- Willing to learn and work independently
- Flexibility to work overtime and cover shifts as needed.
Reasonable accommodations will be evaluated and may be implemented to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions of this position.
- Work environment may not be temperature controlled; must have the ability to work in extreme hot or cold environments.
- Must have the ability to work in dusty conditions.
- May be required to handle hazardous materials and wear various forms of protective equipment (shoes, gloves, protective eyewear, etc.)
- May be required to pass forklift and/or other warehouse equipment certifications (written and/or driving).
- Must be able to handle and work physical inventory; required to lift up to 75lbs or greater with assistance following standard operating and safety procedures. Other physical requirements include regularly being required to stand, walk, kneel, bend, crouch, crawl, climb and balance.
- Close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus are required.