CentralSquare is a unique enterprise software company whose mission is to build safer, smarter, more connected communities. We serve over 7,500 organizations in North America, from large cities to counties and towns of every size. We provide software for managing public safety (#1 market share) and public administration (#2 market share), enabling first responders to do their jobs as effectively and safely as possible. Learn more by visiting .
This role will assist with sourcing decisions with key stakeholders and will apply elements of category management to support the maximization of value, whilst minimizing risk from through contract management and assuring quality of delivery and performance. This role also ensures that the items and services requisitioned are purchased and delivered according to agreed terms and conditions.
- Ensures compliance with CentralSquare's Procurement Policy by requiring employee conformity to established policies.
- Completes fundamental sourcing activities for the business, including vendor research, contracting, and pricing negotiation.
- Negotiates contracts and terms and conditions.
- Assists with the Procurement process for CentralSquare's purchasing needs including checking order requisitions for accuracy, completeness, compliance and proper approvals, reviewing each requisitioned item for quantity, specifications and delivery requirements.
- Provide procurement expertise to internal clients through spend analytics, market research and cost modeling.
- Researches and develops a working knowledge of the assigned commodities/services or areas of responsibilities, including how the commodities/services specification requirements and how the commodities/services are used/sold by the Company
- Collaborates with key internal stakeholders, legal department, finance and other departments to ensure risks are appropriately mitigated and contracts provide appropriate legal protections.
- Works with Legal and Accounting teams to coordinate subcontract orders and payment scheduling based on Statement of Work, customer requirements and payment schedule, per customer contract.
- Supports strategic sourcing as directed by management, building collaborative working relationships with suppliers, meeting with vendors as directed to discuss contracts and purchase agreements, working with vendors to discuss order status and ensuring accuracy of orders, and understanding processes and expenses before forwarding problems/issues to senior staff and/or management.
- Resolution and/or escalation of billing disputes and/or material or service delivery issues
- Notifies Solutions Architects and/or Product Management of product constraints, EOL or price changes.
- Updates project Cost Worksheets as needed throughout the life of the project. Assists with reconciliations of Cost Worksheets with Project Accountants, as needed.
- Assists with the documentation of procurement procedures and vendor information for backup and training purposes.
- Assists with procedure training of new employees.
- Participates in continued procurement and product-oriented training to maintain current technical knowledge. Assists with implementing process improvements, as needed.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Associate's or Bachelor's degree in supply chain management, logistics, business administration, procurement or related field preferred
- Minimum 3-5 years procurement experience or equivalent combination of experience and education
- Knowledge of procurement, vendor relations, production, logistics, and distribution
- Experience in IT procurement desirable
- Strong negotiating and networking skills
- Knowledge of NetSuite financial software and/or Coupa P2P desirable. Knowledge of 3rd party software products a plus
- Intermediate/Advanced Excel skills
CentralSquare Technologies is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.