Location : IRVINE, CA, United States
Job Family : Accounting/Auditing
Job Type : Regular
Posted : Jul 6, 2022
Job ID : 33959
Back to Search Results
Apply Now > Save Job Job Saved
- Parker Aerospace, an operating segment of Parker Hannifin Corporation, is one of the world's leading producers of flight control, hydraulic, fuel, inerting, fluid conveyance, thermal management, and engine systems and components for the aerospace industry. We design and build equipment for virtually every aircraft and aero engine being produced in the world today.
- In addition to game-changing technology, our customers look to us for shorter lead times, lower costs, higher reliability, and lifetime support. All coupled with the positive attitude and innovative thinking of a true business partner.
- Parker Aerospace provides unmatched performance for both our customers and shareholders, built on a foundation of integrity, innovation, and customer satisfaction. As a result, our business has seen consistent growth and, best of all, our team members share in Parker's success. Accountant Senior - Customer Support Operations - Irvine, CA
- Applies principles of accounting to analyze a variety of financial information of moderate scope and complexity and prepares financial reports.
- Responsible for the accuracy, integrity, control and timeliness of financial reports, transactions, systems, and processes.
- Prepares general ledger, asset, liability, and capital account entries by compiling and analyzing moderately complex account information.
- Recommends financial actions to management by analyzing accounting options.
- Summarizes current financial status by collecting information, preparing balance sheet, profit and loss statements, and other management reports.
- Substantiates financial transactions by auditing documents. Verifies and analyzes business records, transactions, and procedures.
- Maintains accounting controls by auditing compliance with and recommending policies and procedures. Reconciles financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information.
- Maintains financial security by following accounting policies and internal controls.
- Answers accounting procedure questions by researching and interpreting a variety of accounting policies and regulations.
- Prepares moderately complex financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends.
- Maintains customer confidence and protects operations by keeping financial information confidential. Applies continuous improvement techniques and methods to internal processes and systems.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing professional networks, and/or participating in professional societies.
- Complies with federal and state legal requirements and professional standards. Studies existing and new legislation, enforces adherence to requirements, and advises management on needed actions.
- Shares specialized accounting knowledge with others. Represents organization on specific projects. Mentors new employees. Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed. Work assignments may include cross-functional or project team responsibilities (e.g. continuous improvement). Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree (BS) in Accounting.
- Demonstrated ability to perform the essential functions of the job typically acquired through two or more years of related experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), methods and concepts. General knowledge of Cost Accounting Standards (CAS) and/or Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR).
- General knowledge of and ability to apply continuous improvement techniques to work area. Proficient with automated accounting systems, spreadsheet applications, and general use of intranet/internet communications and standard business applications software.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret financial reports; respond to inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community; define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions by drawing on experience with similar situations.
- Ability to effectively communicate and present information to team members and team leaders.
- Ability to effectively demonstrate team member competencies and participate in goal-setting, performance feedback, and self-development activities. Come join the Parker Aerospace Team!
- Interested in furthering your education? We offer up to $10,000 in tuition reimbursement per calendar year as well as education benefits.
- Work hard, play hard! We enjoy celebrating our employees for all that they do. You can look forward to various social committee activities throughout the year including an End-of-Year BBQ, Halloween Contest, Holiday Party, etc.
- Dress for your Day - we offer flexibility in your options for work attire including being able to wear jeans throughout the work week.
- We offer competitive vacation and 13 paid holidays - enjoy time off with family and friends during the company-wide holiday shut down at the end of the year.
- Take advantage of our Employee Assistance Program (EAP) which is a free, confidential service provided to employees and their family members to help deal with any personal problems at work or at home.
- Grab a bite to eat at the on-site cafeteria that provides a wide array of breakfast, lunch and snacks. We also have a mini mart on the production floor as well as vending machines on all floors if you need to satisfy a sugar craving.
- Employee discounts on various services (car purchases, computer purchases, life adventures, etc.)
- 401(k) with a 5% matching contribution with immediate investing in addition to a 3% RIA match (overall 8% company match)!
- Competitive annual bonus incentive plan. Comprehensive medical and dental including prescription drug benefits and 100% preventive care.
- Healthcare and dependent care flexible spending accounts.
- Refer a family member or friend and receive a generous award for referrals that are hired (up to $4,000)! Parker is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Parker is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job related reasons regardless of race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by law. This position is subject to meeting export compliance eligibility requirements. ("Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / VEVRAA Federal Contractor") If you would like more information about Equal Employment Opportunity as an applicant under the law, please go to http://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf and http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_gina_supplement.pdf
Save Job Job Saved