CentralSquare is a unique enterprise software company whose mission is to build safer, smarter, more connected communities. We serve over 7,500 organizations in North America, from large cities to counties and towns of every size. We provide software for managing public safety (#1 market share) and public administration (#2 market share), enabling first responders to do their jobs as effectively and safely as possible. Learn more by visiting .
The Data Conversion Engineer is responsible for extracting and transforming data from our client's legacy database systems and loading that data into their new CentralSquare software system. This role works with minimal supervision with some latitude for independent judgment and quality of life improvements (automate scripting when possible). We work closely with our clients to effectively shape the data into a structure they can trust moving forward using their CentralSquare product in a way that works best for them. The work performed in this role will directly impact the productivity and effectiveness of the overall project and lead to customer satisfaction.
- Write, modify, and troubleshoot complex SQL queries, ETL (Extract, Transform, Load) processes, and Python scripts
- Work collaboratively with customer agencies undergoing project implementation to obtain data from their legacy system, understand what it means and how it is used, and determine how best to translate it into the destination system
- Communicate directly with customer agencies and Project Managers throughout implementation projects to clarify questions that arise regarding data mapping, demonstrate converted data in the target system, understand any modifications needed, and verify results of modifications
- Analyze long-running conversion processes and tune for optimum performance
- Develop and maintain an understanding of application software including functionality and database schema; use this knowledge to make informed decisions regarding data mapping and to review data within the target system
- Create and maintain documentation and wikis for data conversion processes; seek out process improvements
- Manipulate and load data such as code tables from secondary additional sources to assist in the configuration of agencies' CentralSquare systems
- Perform tests and execute the final data conversion at the time of system go-live
- Identify deficiencies in converted data and work to resolve them
- Analyze data on legacy systems to estimate project scope and length
- 0-2 years of experience
- Associate's or bachelor's degree in a technology-related field or related experience.
- Able to continually pass background check requirements for working on and connecting to public safety and/or public administration information systems (if required).
- Proficient in SQL
- Python experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Possesses the ability to make a technical problem understandable to non/technical customers.
CentralSquare Technologies is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.