Arconic (NYSE: ARNC) creates breakthrough products that shape industries. Working in close partnership with our customers, we solve complex engineering challenges to transform the way we fly, drive, build and power. Through the ingenuity of our people and cutting-edge advanced manufacturing techniques, we deliver these products at a quality and efficiency that ensure customer success and shareholder value.
Building and Construction Systems, a business unit of Arconic, is the leading manufacturer of architectural aluminum products and systems for the commercial construction industry. Kawneer is part of Arconic's global Building and Construction Systems (BCS) business unit, which manufactures and markets architectural systems and products in North America, Europe, Asia and the Middle East.
We have a need for an Architectural Sales Representative in our Washington, DC Territory. The Architectural Sales Rep is responsible for the successful promotion and project sale of Kawneer branded products through the cultivation of key relationships to grow the prospective customer base, partnering with appropriate internal team members for bidding proposals, and following up to secure profitable sales.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain customer relations with large architectural firms, developers, general contractors and high-profile customers within the sales region;
- Establish and grow new business opportunities with potential customers through a relationship-based approach;
- Maintain and enhance add-on business with existing customers;
- Evaluate customer needs, understand market drivers and forces, and ensure appropriate service/product delivery and pricing;
- Conduct customer visits to build / maintain relationships, sales presentations, brainstorm and/or problem solve customer concerns;
- Achieve monthly, quarterly, and yearly quota requirements;
- Participate in key industry organizations like the American Institute of Architects, product related training programs, conferences, seminars and educational forums;
- Collaborate and work closely with Front End teams and all layers of the organization to assure timely and accurate project proposals, proper execution, and customer satisfaction;
- Leverage technology to increase speed, quality and efficiencies to deliver on customer needs;
- Stay abreast of Kawneer product applications, technical services, market conditions, competitive activities, political, advertising and promotional trends through the reading of pertinent literature and consulting with marketing and technical service areas.
Major Activities and Key Challenges Include:
- Excellent written and oral communication, presentation, and technical skills that can be used to establish, strengthen and influence both external customer and internal company relationships;
- Strong organizational skills and knowledge of sales principles and practices;
- Possess Commercial building and construction and/or architectural industry knowledge;
- Comprehensive computer skills and the ability to learn proprietary and other software as needed (CRM, Blue Beam, etc.);
- Basic understanding of key financial drivers and relate them to overall territory and business goals;
- Ability to articulate features and benefits of all product lines to key buying influences;
- Ability to analyze new customer opportunities and add when needed to achieve sales targets;
- Ability to counsel customers on matters of product selection, product application and installation processes;
- Ability to read and understand architectural/project construction documents and specifications;
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision to analyze and resolve problems in the field;
- Ability to travel 75%-100% of the time (including overnight) and lift up to 50 lbs and a willingness to relocate near the territory.
- Must have a valid driver's license and insurance (must meet company's minimum requirements);
- Must be results oriented, flexible and adaptable to multi-task and prioritize to meet deadlines and sales goals.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution;
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in a leadership/people management role;
- Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
- Previous outside sales experience in commercial building and construction industry;
- Diverse experience in the construction field in the areas of customer service, project management, estimating, engineering and inside sales;
- Knowledge of Kawneer Products and Services.
US NGX Norcross, Georgia
555 Guthridge Court
Marketing and Sales
08244-98201 EASTERN SALES REGION
Hourly Paid or Salaried
Up to 50%
Jun 30, 2022, 4:32:25 PM
Minimum Years of Experience
This position requires access to export controlled items or information related to ATC, CDL, DAV, LAF, or MAS.
Arconic affirms it's policy to operate without discrimination because of race, color, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, veteran status, genetic information, sex or age.