To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
The Audit Organization is an independent and objective function that assists Salesforce to meet its goals through independent reviews and assessments. Specifically, the Audit Organization evaluates and provides recommendations to improve the effectiveness, efficiency, and scalability of the company's processes, information systems, and underlying internal control environment. The Audit Organization also evaluates and assists in improving the efficiency of the risk management and governance processes. This function reports administratively to the President and Chief Financial Officer and directly to the Audit and Finance Committee Board of Directors.
We are looking for a Business Operations Auditor to excel with an outstanding team to support you. You will have the opportunity to support audit activities for corporate back-office functions (e.g., Finance, Legal, Employee Success), go-to-market/customer-facing functions (e.g., Sales, Support, Services), and acquisitions.
Success will be measured by the Auditor's overall performance in identifying and assessing risks and timely completion of audit tasks.
- Support and conduct audits over business operations throughout the Company, including the ability to assess strategic, operational, financial, and compliance risks
- Be intellectually curious and passionate about internal audit, learning about new processes, systems and technologies and how to make them better, driven by "doing the right thing"
- Effectively maneuver through the organization, influence others, and keep up with a multifaceted and constantly evolving environment
- Be a team-oriented individual who can optimally work at all levels within the organization, both within Audit and by collaborating with other 2nd line risk and compliance teams and 1st line business partners
- Be a "self-starter" and handle project commitments independently, with minimal oversight
- Support assurance audits, partner channel reviews, advisory projects, SOX compliance, and Mergers & Acquisition risk assessment and integration readiness activities
- Assist Audit Managers / Senior Managers with planning and general team functions
- Assist with planning, fieldwork, and reporting throughout the audit life cycle
- Develop a strong understanding of Salesforce's business model, processes, systems, underlying controls and influence positive change in these areas
- Knowledgeable in project management standard methodologies including project plans, charters, and task management
- Individually and with the team, build relationships and work with process owners to understand and detail their operations and the underlying internal control environment.
- Develop and implement audit testing procedures to evaluate the design and operating effectiveness of internal controls
- Prepare high-quality audit work papers detailing the test steps performed and the results and recommendations
- Communicate process recommendations and findings in a poised, diplomatic and effective manner
- Supervise and guide the work of other auditors via work paper reviews and live discussions
- Deliver assigned audit tasks and other project tasks within required timelines and with minimal direction, with a focus on delivering quality and adhering to global audit methodologies
- Lead issue follow up and closure process for open Management Action plans, resulting from past audits
- Stay abreast of standard methodologies, both internally and externally, and provide a conduit for introducing those practices to the Company
- Be a role model for Salesforce's values and demonstrate the highest ethical standards
- Bachelor's degree, or equivalent
- A minimum of 2-4 years experience in Internal Audit, SOX, Compliance, or Risk Assurance and demonstrated ability:
- Understanding of and experience with the audit life cycle
- Understanding of audit standard methodologies in the form of planning, fieldwork, and reporting
- Experience working with business owners and teams in an audit capacity
- Understanding of business processes related to technology companies
- Strong understanding of financial audit and financial and operational internal control methodologies and terminology (e.g., COSO), and the Sarbanes Oxley Act of 2002 and Audit Standard 5, including documentation and testing
- Proven technical understanding of financial accounting and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (U.S. GAAP), and knowledge of and ability to research and apply guidance to a changing control environment
- The highest level of ethics, independence, and integrity
- Strong analytical and data analysis skills
- Thrives in a high-growth, fast-paced environment, often on multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to work with minimal day-to-day supervision
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong problem solving capabilities
- Intellectual curiosity
- Experience with data analysis and visualization tools, such as Tableau
- Comfortable working remotely, and supporting a fully global, multicultural, and distributed team
- Knowledge about cloud computing or technology businesses and processes
- CPA, CIA, CFE or other relevant audit certifications
Benefits & Perks:
We have a public-facing website that explains our various benefits, including wellbeing reimbursement, generous parental leave, adoption assistance, fertility benefits, and more. Visit for the full breakdown!
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this .
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
and are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. and do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. and will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with or .
Salesforce welcomes all.