The *Accountant I - Operational Accounting* will assist with the implementation and maintenance of fixed asset, lease, and inventory accounting across Cedar Fair. This position will facilitate approvals for capital project authorizations, monitor and record the Company's core fixed asset and lease management operational systems, as well as suggest process workflows to drive improvements of transactional activity.The position will have review and oversight of the Company's Cash Expenditure Reporting (CER's) as it pertains to approved project expenditure authorizations. The position will also assist the department in review and reconciliation of inventory and related cost of sales reporting and physical attestation of inventory and fixed asset policy.
This position will report directly to the Supervisor, Operational Accounting and will ensure weekly, monthly, quarterly closings are completed accurately and timely with regards to these areas.
*How You'll Make A Difference: *
* Facilitate and track major project approval and corresponding cash expenditure approval routing. This will include documentation and tracking of the Company capital project work.
* Review and document purchase requisitions associated with capital project spending.
* Assist in contract management oversight as it pertains to Finance Division execution, pertains to lease, rental, and entertainment performer contracts along with fixed assets.
* Work with Internal Audit, to ensure compliance of accepted procedures as it pertains to fixed assets and fixed asset policy compliance.
* Administer classification of fixed asset projects and testing of potential project reporting systems.
* Monitor and recommend consistency and standardization for transactional activity associated with Operational Accounting.
* Act as a liaison with park operators.
* Interacts with internal and external audit to supply appropriate level of documentation as requested.
* Provide support to financial reporting as it pertains to respective SEC reporting and footnotes.
* Participate in process improvement and automation.
* Assists with development and maintaining process documentation and guidelines.
*We're Looking For: *
* A bachelor's degree in accounting from an accredited four-year college or equivalent experience in management tracking of construction-based projects.
* Minimum of two years of accounting experience with proven oversight of project accounting.
* Understanding of capital, inventory or contract management process from start to finish preferred.
* Intermediate to advanced proficiency in general ledger/fixed asset and ERP system (JDE preferred),
* Demonstration of ability to communicate and work with staff via remote office environment.
* Ability to pass a mandatory (or random) drug test and background check, which may include, but is not limited to credit, criminal, DMV, previous employment, education, and personal references, pursuant to Company policy.
Ready to start your future?* Apply today!*