State Income Tax Manager
Job Description Summary
The State Income Tax Manager will be involved with many aspects of the corporate tax function, primarily engaging in managing the Company's state income tax compliance, tax accounting, and state income tax planning.
The successful candidate will:
- Responsible for the ASC 740 quarterly and annual state tax provision, including the tax reserves pursuant to ASC 740.
- Manage with third-party service providers and provide necessary information to ensure timely filing of state tax returns, quarterly estimated payments, and extensions.
- Identify, develop, and implement US state tax planning opportunities.
- Responsible for monitoring state legislative and regulatory tax law developments and analyze/interpret changes to state tax laws and its impact to the tax return and/or financial statements
- Review account reconciliations and accounting of state payments and refunds.
- Proactive manage the state income/franchise and tax audits.
- Responsible for state implications of mergers & acquisitions tax due diligence, integration, and planning.
- Review other state quarterly/annual gross receipts taxes.
- Provide advice, direction and support to resolve technical state tax/accounting issues;
- Proactively identify and implement process improvements that promote efficiency and accuracy.
- Maintain records and documentation to comply with the Sarbanes-Oxley Act.
- Communicate and develop relationship with business unit finance personnel as well as outside consultants and financial statement auditors;
- Be able to challenge the status quo and recommend and build processes and implement improvements;
- Effectively lead and mentor team.
Experience and Qualifications:
- 5+ years of relevant state income tax experience in public accounting or large corporate tax department environment;
- BS/BA in accounting;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite;
- Strong knowledge of One Source Provision software or aptitude to be trained
- Knowledge of U.S. corporation taxation in a global structure
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
The following are also preferred:
- Big 4 experience
- Experience using tax provision software (e.g. ONESOURCE Tax Provision);
- Experience in tax technology automation utilizing tools such as Alteryx, RPA, or similar applications.
The ideal candidate must have a strong commitment to excellence, be a team player, and enjoy working in a fast-paced, changing environment.
Cushman & Wakefield provides equal employment opportunity. Discrimination of any type will not be tolerated. Cushman & Wakefield is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position at Cushman & Wakefield, email HR Services@cushwake.com or HR Services@cwservices.com. All inquiries not related to accommodations will go unanswered.