We are looking for a Licensed Vocational Nurse for the Home Health Direct Department at Home Health Agency.
Location: Anaheim, CA
Work Schedule: Part Time - 48 Biweekly Hours
Shift: 8-hour, Days
The Licensed Vocational Nurse administers nursing care to hospice patients and families in their private home, RFCE, or Skilled Nursing Facilities under the supervision of a RN.
- Provides nursing care to hospice patients in private homes, RFCE, or skilled nursing facilities under the supervision of a RN.
- Assists in obtaining the full assessment, following accurate orders, diagnosis and projection of visits for all disciplines necessary to support each patient in EHR.
- Performs and documents nursing interventions including patient education according to the Plan of Care.
- Documentation completed and synchronized/submitted by 10:00 am the following day.
- Understands and is competent in workflows, problem charting, interventions and accuracy of input by review of POC at each visit.
- Understands the relationship of clinician schedule and the time log validation to verify accuracy of hours reported and processed to payroll.
- Demonstrates knowledge and competency in performing baseline nursing skills as outlined in Network policy and Clinical policy. Maintains clinical competencies according to Hospice standards. Complies with California Licensing Regulations.
- Identifies and determines priority of the patient's needs/problems and reports any variance to the RN.
- Administers all medications and treatments according to Network policy, accepted standards of care and hospice care guidelines.
- Communicates effectively with the RN, patients, families and physicians. Documents patient status, patient needs/problems, nursing interventions/patient response, safety interventions and education/teaching.
- Assists the RN with the Plan of Care that includes realistic and hospice appropriate goals.
- Assists the RN Case Manager with Hospice appropriate nursing interventions to produce patient/family desired outcomes.
- Maintains patient rights and dignity. Assures the care of the dying patient, optimizing his/her comfort and dignity.
- Maintains a committed and cooperative attitude with staffing, promoting teamwork and harmony by readily assisting other staff and patients.
- Participates in case conferences/IDG meetings as requested.
- Makes visits as scheduled and requested.
- Performs on-call and weekend rotation as required.
- Perform nursing care to hospice patients on Continuous Care. Frequent monitoring, assessment and intervention per written care plan and orders, with documentation to meet CMS Regulations.
- Demonstrates good organizational skills.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints, regulatory agencies or members of the business community.
- Ability to manage time effectively.
- Cooperative attitude.
- Demonstrates basic math skills related to patient care.
- Good interpersonal communications skills (verbal and written).
- Knowledge of end of life care.
Minimum Position Requirements:
Education: Education to meet certification, license or registration requirement.
Experience: 1 year Experience in nursing, hospice or related health field.
- Current California LVN license.
- Current CPR certification.
- Current California driver's license.
- Proof of auto and liability insurance.
Preferred Position Qualifications:
Licenses/Certifications: Phlebotomy and/or IV Certification
Providence Home Care is a trusted leader in home health, hospice and infusion pharmacy, helping clients throughout Orange County, Los Angeles County and the Inland Empire receive the quality care they need in the comfort of their home. We are guided by our core values of compassion, dignity, justice, excellence and integrity in everything we do, and dedicated to restoring the health and well-being of clients and families at all stages of life's journey.
Providence Home Care provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Providence Home Care complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Company: SJH Home Health Network
Category: LPN / LVN
Req ID: R357396