Various Clark College Campuses, WA
Clark College is currently accepting applications for multiple full-time, permanent classified Custodian 1 positions to support the Facilities Services Department. These positions are responsible for performing custodial work on main campus or an office-site campus. Workdays are Monday - Friday and shift start times vary from 4am to 5pm.
At Clark, we value equity, diversity, and inclusion. We are committed to growing, learning, and supporting our employees. Our Office of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (ODEI) supports individuals with their academic, personal, and professional development, as well as provides training and educational resources for all members of the college community around diversity, inclusion, power, privilege, inequity, social equity, and social justice. The college offers further professional development for our employees through opportunities such as Employee Resource Groups, Social Justice Leadership Institute, Cross Institution Faculty of Color Mentorship program, Administrators of Color Leadership Program, and Faculty and Staff of Color Conference.
Clark College values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Educator. Protected group members are strongly encouraged to apply. Clark College provides equal opportunity in education and employment and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, creed, religion, honorably discharged veteran or military status, citizenship, immigration status or use of a trained guide dog or service animal. Prohibited sex discrimination includes sexual harassment (unwelcome sexual conduct of various types). The college considers equal opportunity, affirmative action, and non-discrimination to be fundamental to the mission, vision and values of the college. All faculty and staff hired at Clark College are encouraged to embrace, continually support and enhance social equity on our campus and in our community. The college provides reasonable accommodations for qualified students, employees, and applicants with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and Federal Rehabilitation Act. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding non-discrimination policies, Title II and Title IX, and Affirmative Action: Gerald Gabbard, Director of Labor and Compliance, 360-992-2317, , 1933 Fort Vancouver Way, Baird 142, Vancouver, Washington 98663. Clark College is a smoke-free/drug free environment. This recruitment announcement does not reflect the entire job description and can be changed and or modified without notice.
- Perform general cleaning duties of various buildings and facilities.
- Operate power equipment such as scrubbers, polishers, waxers, buffers, and commercial vacuums.
- Clean and sanitize shower rooms and restrooms.
- Ensure restrooms are properly supplied.
- Sweep, dust, mop, scrub, or strip floor finish, apply new finish and buffer/burnish floors.
- Perform minor maintenance and repairs to custodian equipment, carpets, and minor adjustments to plumbing fixtures.
- Vacuum, shampoo and remove stains from carpets operating a truck mount cleaning machine.
- Maintain custodial closets and cleanliness of mechanical rooms.
- Fulfill requests for event setups/resets; furniture/equipment moves; service requests and work orders for special services; and surplus furniture.
- Perform related duties as required.
Candidates will be evaluated based on application materials, including the supplemental questions and personal interview(s), and will be required to demonstrate competencies in the following areas:
Job Readiness/Working Conditions:
- Ability to read, write, and speak English.
- Ability to perform moderately heavy cleaning tasks and physical work requiring reaching, pushing, pulling, bending, climbing 12-foot ladders, and lifting 50 pounds from floor to 36 inches.
- Ability to properly and safely use chemicals and operate custodial power equipment.
- Ability and willingness to understand and follow laws, regulations and other standards established to maintain a safe work environment.
- Ability to work well with people of all ages from academically, culturally, and socioeconomically diverse backgrounds.
- The initial appointment will include a 6-month probationary period and the employee will earn permanent status after successfully completing probation.
- This position is represented by Washington Public Employees Association.
- Prior to a new hire, a background check including criminal record history will be conducted. Information from the background check will not necessarily preclude employment but will be considered in determining the applicant's suitability and competence to perform in the position.
Starting Salary: $2,591/month Range: 30 Code: 678I
Benefits package includes insurance, retirement, annual and sick leave, disability, flexible spending account, and tuition waiver.
Application Deadline: Open until filled.
REQUIRED ONLINE APPLICATION MATERIALS:
- Clark College online application
- Current resume, with a minimum of three references listed
- Responses to the supplemental questions included in the online application process
- Briefly describe your work history as it relates to custodial duties.
- Please describe any custodial equipment you have operated, in relation to the custodial field.
To contact Clark College Human Resources, please call (360) 992-2105.
Upon request, accommodations are available to persons with disabilities for the application process. Contact Human Resources at (360) 992-2105 or by video phone at (360) 991-0901.
The security of all the members of the campus community is of vital concern to Clark College. Information regarding crime prevention advice, the authority of the Security/Safety Department, policies concerning reporting of any crimes which may occur on or near college property, and crime statistics for the most recent 3-year period may be requested from the Clark College Security/Safety Department, (360) 992-2133 or . The most recent Annual Security Report, written in compliance with the Clery Act, can be reviewed here: .
If you are hired, you will need proof of identity, and documentation of U.S. citizenship or legal authorization to work.
CORRECTIONS OR EXTENDED NOTICES
Corrected or extended notices will be posted online and in the Human Resources Office.
Clark College Human Resources
July 5, 2022 (updated)